Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy 4th of July! I know I'm a little late, but better late than never. We had a nice little holiday. We dropped the dogs off at the kennel and went to my mom's house on Northwood lake. We stayed Tuesday and Wednesday nights. This was the first time we slept over, as usually there isn't enough room - there are only 2 guest bedrooms - but this time I slept with my mom and Robert slept on a blow-up mattress in the living room. So we had a fun time swimming on Wednesday morning, and both nights we watched other peoples' fireworks. I think the neighbors must have spent in the thousands for their show last night. It's amazing the fireworks you can buy at the store these days. I can't believe it's not illegal.

This morning we woke at the crack of dawn and drove home for my dentist appointment. No cavities! Then I picked up the dogs - who were incredibly happy to see me. Then lunch with my friend Amy at Olive Garden. Yum!

Barney's eye is feeling much better. You could tell last week that he was in a great deal of pain because of his eye. He was lethargic and not playful at all. He barely even barked for his meal. Now he's a different dog. He's playing with Java and very interested in chasing squirrels again. Hopefully his pressure will be OK when we have him checked on Saturday.

No comments: