Wednesday, February 06, 2008

It's a gross, rainy day so I'm making a pea soup. I wish I could make soups like my mother does. She's so good at it. She makes the best. There's not much to report these days. I'm a little disappointed that the Patriots lost, but I'm consoled by the fact that spring training starts next week. Plus I got my tickets in the mail for the game we're going to in July. That was nice. It's like the groundhog - it makes you think of spring and summer and you know it's on the way.

I'm also looking forward to getting past the 17th. I can't believe it's been a year. A year ago, I was on the phone with my father and he was yelling at me telling me I was "just like Stephen, you don't ask any questions". I remember getting very angry at this and wanting to just rant back at him and hang up but I was reluctant to because I was afraid that he would not be around much longer and I didn't want that to be the last conversation I had with him. So I didn't and it wasn't.

In a few weeks we are going to Disney World. The goal is to bring Elizabeth and watch her have fun there. I hope she likes it. I know Robert and I do. I can't wait to go. I need to get away from the icky weather and Disney World is so much fun, it's one of my favorite places.

No comments: