Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Lots going on here. Sunday I came home and found a watery drop of blood outside Gary's litterbox. So off to the vet we went yesterday. He has bladder stones and is very uncomfortable. He got an antibiotic shot, and a complete food change. The good news is that he seems to enjoy the new food. It's always difficult if they don't. The food is what's going to create an acidic environment in his bladder to dissolve the existing stones and prevent future stones from forming.

Today I have a nail appointment and then I'm meeting some friends for lunch. At 4:30 I go to the informational meeting for bariatric surgery. I've always resisted doing this, but the promising results in the diabetes reversal department have me looking into it. I would hate to have problems down the road with my eyes or my kidneys. I would like to get rid of it and the added bonus of losing weight is pretty great, too!

No comments: