Monday, September 13, 2010

Snow Farm

This weekend Robert and I went to Snow Farm, a craft center in Western Massachusetts. The Boston Chapter rents it out for its members and offers classes in glassblowing, fusing, welding and bead-weaving. I chose to lampwork and made butterfly beads for Beads of Courage. Robert welded and made a nifty stand for his gas-powered forge.

Here's our comfy room. We have to bring our own bed linens. I used the ones from my guest room. I love them because they're cozy and warm and I only get to use them this once a year.


The campus is really special. It is on a hill, surrounded by other hills and has fruit trees and other ornamental trees all around. Also, there is art every place you look. I love that. Here's the pond:


And a big bullfrog:


Here's Robert explaining to me what he's making:


This is the welding barn. I love the decoration on the doors:


The view as you drive up:


An apple tree:


The dorm we stayed in:


Some knitting time after torching:

No comments: