So last week Jim went to his foster home. It was hard to say goodbye, but he's going to have a great life with a wonderful family and it doesn't have to be me.
The landscapers came and cleared the brush for the new dog yard. This is what it looks like now. The plan for the pond is that they will come next week and dig it and put it in. I'm looking forward to it.
Little Java is having another flare-up of her back problems, which is strange because she just saw her neurologist last week and had a good report. This time, we put her on prednisone right away, we didn't muck around with painkillers like Rimadyl. I didn't want to have to wait for a "washing out" period if she got worse. Last time she had a flare-up, we had to take her off the painkiller before giving her the steriod and it was awful seeing her in such pain with no medicine for such a long time. It kills me to see her in pain, and she still is, but she's moving around a little better. I just had to put her in her crate, because she wanted to jump on the chair on the porch and we can't have that happening.
I haven't made too many beads lately, but I have been working on a little fund-raising project. I'm going to make a Boston Terrier themed Christmas tree and auction it off to benefit rescue. Here are some of the "ornaments" I made. They're beads and I think it'd be cool to wire wrap them so you can take them off the ornament hook and wear it like a necklace or on earrings. I'm not sure how to go about doing that, but I have some time to think about it.