Tuesday, December 14, 2010


Yesterday a sweet little dog named Seamus passed away while undergoing an MRI. I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but grew to know his sweet, spunky personality online. He had been being treated for disc disease like Java, which is why I think I got so drawn into his story. I felt very connected to him and his owner Colleen, because we had been through the same things. Colleen was finally able to get enough money to get Seamus the MRI he needed because crate rest and medicine were not working. He went under yesterday and did not wake up. It turned out that in addition to the bad discs in his back, he also had a brain tumor. I don't know if the tumor caused him to stop breathing, but the only blessing is that his parents did not have to make the decision of what to do after finding out the results. Rest in Peace, little Seamus.

No comments: