Monday, June 04, 2007

I don't know what happened to summer, because we're back to the Fall weather that makes me long for warmer climes. It's pouring down rain and is only 55 degrees. I had an OK weekend. We stopped by my mother-in-law's house on Saturday and she showed me some of the flowering trees she has that do well in shade. It was nice. She also showed me the cluster of lady slippers that she has in the woods. I've never seen anything like it. Wow.

Anyway, we decided on a Mountain Laurel. They are beautiful and grow nicely in shade. We had a ton of them outside the kitchen window at 226 where I grew up. So it's a good tree for a memorial to my father, I think. Yesterday we went and bought one and hopefully someone is going to come plant it for us. I would do it myself as it's not that big, but the place where I want it to go has a juniper bush that needs to be removed. I don't think I'm up to doing that. Messy. Ick. Here's a picture of what they look like:

1 comment:

Amy said...

Very Pretty! What a wonderful idea.