Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I really love my yard, especially at this time of the year. Today I took my camera outside and took some pictures so I thought I'd post them here. It is a glorious day. It's 72 degrees; the sun is shining; the sky is blue; and there's a refreshing breeze.


I love the tangle of branches of these pine trees.



This is what we see from the house, looking towards the road.


I found a lady slipper in the woods!


Here's the ground. I have no grass, just this mossy stuff, some lichen and some low flowers.


This is my meditation bench. I try to decorate it seasonally, but haven't bought any spring flowers yet. I call it the Henge.


I found this momma bird while I was taking pictures. She looks like she's trying to hold still so I don't see her. This is right outside the front door. It doesn't get used much.


Another lady slipper!



Soon I will have a beautiful peony. This is right under the bird's nest.



This is where I want to put the tree honoring my Dad. You can see it's sunny when I took the picture, but it won't be for long. I guess it only gets 2-3 hours of sun per day, because of all the trees that shade my whole yard.

No comments: