Sunday, June 22, 2008

Last week we went to the Museum of Science to see the exhibit "Baseball as America". It was awesome. We saw all kinds of cool stuff from the Hall of Fame. It makes me want to go to the real HoF. The coolest thing there was not one single item, but was the whole message of the exhibit: baseball is intertwined with America. It was very moving to see how prisoners of war (our boys overseas as well as the Japanese interned at home) would fashion balls, bats, and bases out of sticks, boards and whatever they could find in order to play ball. After the exhibit, we went to a talk given by Bill James, inventory of sabermetrics and Rob Neyer of ESPN. Fun!

Tomorrow we are going to Fenway to watch the Red Sox. I am so excited I can hardly wait. Josh Beckett is pitching. I am so so lucky the rotation fell the way it did. I'd be happy with any starting pitcher, but I'm happiest with Becks. Here is the view from our seats:


I had a very quiet weekend. I have a cold, so have been taking it easy. Saturday I slept until 10:30 and Sunday I slept until 9:15. The whole weekend has just been very relaxing and mellow.

No comments: