Monday, March 09, 2009

Little Java had been feeling great but last week her back (we think) started bothering her again. She makes a little grunt, resulting from a sharp intake of breath, when she's feeling pain. She started doing this last week so we put her back on the medicines she had been off of to try to alleviate her discomfort. Luckily her pain did not reach the level it had prior to her surgery, as she kept up her appetite. That's my barometer for her well-being. If we can coax her to eat she's feeling pretty good. If we can't, then she isn't. She's much better now than she was at the beginning of last week, but she still has pain. So tomorrow she goes for her first round of acupuncture. It's supposed to really help, and I hope it does. I cannot stand to see her in pain. I wonder if it'll really work. There can't be a placebo effect like there is in humans because she doesn't know what's going on. Maybe there is something to it. I'll definitely post her results.

No comments: