- I've been knitting and making beads. I made a bunch of Goddess beads for a women's group that I was involved with. It was our last official meeting, and they all said how much they liked the ones I brought in, so I made each woman a Goddess bead.
- I can count on one hand the number of times I've made dinner since we got back from our cruise (and Barney died). I even went to the grocery store on Thursday to get something to make and I couldn't think of anything I want to make. Nothing came to me. There was no inspiration. And even deciding on what kind of take-out you want to eat has become a chore. That gets boring as well. I'm thinking of giving up on eating altogether.
- The turkeys still have not come back. I'm sure that we'll see them again sometime but for now it looks like they've moved on.
- Java is doing very well since her surgery. She hasn't had any more pain episodes like the ones she was having that caused us to rush her to the emergency vet twice. Thank the universe. She gets her staples out on Tuesday.
- We bought her a ramp so we don't have to pick her up and put her down all the time in order for her to go outside. She has no problem using it to go down, but doesn't like using it to go up. She's a quirky girl.
- Robert has given me the go-ahead to get my nose pierced. I think I'm going to have it done sometime this week.
- I want a more economical car, as I think the price of gas is creeping upwards again and I wouldn't be surprised to see a repeat of last summer's prices. On the other hand I don't want to spend the money to buy a new car, I feel I should be holding on to it. But would buying a car stimulate the economy, even in a little way? It's a conundrum.
- I feel the undercurrent of spring coming. I think it's the angle of the sun and the longer days. It feels so good and I can't wait for spring to get here. I'm so sick of snow and cold. I want to see my grass again.
- My mother, sister, brother-in-law and niece left for a 7-day cruise to someplace warm. I can't wait to hear all about it. They have a fabulous suite - 3 bedroom, grand piano, private hot tub and sun deck. I think the cruise industry has been hit hard by the economic down-turn because they gave them a terrific deal on this amazing room.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
You know, it's very hard to think of things to write about here. It was easy when the bead cottage was being built because every day I'd have a new picture to show. Just how much into the minutia of life do you go?