Friday, November 09, 2012

Bobby enjoying his yogurt

It's hard to blog every day, but I'm determined to do it. I'm sitting in the kitchen. We just had our oatmeal for breakfast and Robert has gone to drop Bobby off at daycare. He has been going to daycare a few days a week since we got him. This is because Java wouldn't play with him and now that she's gone, I think it's even more important that he go and have fun with his friends. 

As I sit here, I'm using a blue light to shine on me, in an attempt to prevent seasonal lethargy or depression. I don't want to go through what I went through when Barney died. I think his death threw me a curve as it was so unexpected. We were a little perfect family of 2 people, 2 dogs and 1 cat and all of a sudden it was gone. I have sort of been mentally preparing myself for Java's death since then, and I think that has helped me gain a little perspective on it. All in all, I feel OK. I am sad and grieving of course, but I don't feel the overwhelming despair that I did after Barney died.

No comments: