Thursday, September 11, 2008

The forge doors are done and hanging. They are beautiful. Here's a picture from the inside with the doors shut.


One other significant development is a new trench from where the propane is going to be placed and going toward where it will hook up with the existing line where the propane is now.

So that's about it for now. The crew is out of here as of next week because the building part is pretty much done. We still have the tile, the sheetrock and plastering and painting to go. But those are jobs for the subs, not the contractors.

It's hard to put into words how much I love this building. I've said this all before but I'm going to repeat it because this is my blog. That people can take a pile of sticks and make a beautiful building out of it just blows my mind. Charlie and I were talking about this this afternoon. It's no different than me using glass rods to make beads, or a blacksmith using iron to make tools or a potter taking clay and making a vase. It's a gift to be able to make things. A gift. From whom, I'm not all that sure. God? The universe? Whomever, it doesn't matter. The point is that I feel very grateful that I have this gift because when I make things it fills my soul. That's when I'm happiest. And I'm also grateful that I have people in my life who also have this gift and can make me fireplace tools, or a beautiful, beautiful building. Now I can continue to fill my soul all winter long and I'm so happy about that. Thank you.

I had my new window treatments in the living room installed today! They look great!





No comments: