Thursday, October 23, 2008

I have to admit

I have to admit that when I turned on the ballgame last night I felt an immediate pang, seeing the excitement of the first game of the World Series happening at the Trop. I thought I was totally OK with the Red Sox not making it, and I am, but there was this initial puzzling reaction in me. I think it was jealousy. And because of this feeling, I really really liked it when the Phillies pulled out in front by a 2-run homer in the first inning. I felt "HA! Now you know what it feels like". I think it was a genuine case of schadenfreude. And then when the Phillies won 3-2, I was feeling very satisfied. I was telling Robert this this morning on the way home from the gym and he said "I think you're officially rooting for the Phillies!" So I guess I am. I really felt I could go either way until I actually saw the game being played in Tampa. That really bugged me.

No comments: