Monday, October 20, 2008

Season Over

I'm not sad. I'm not going to mourn or wallow in pity. The Red Sox gave it their best shot and were plain and simple outplayed by a (slightly) better team. I don't feel like I've been robbed. I felt the losses much worse back in 1978, 1986 and 2003. I am a little ticked that those cowbell-ringing fans get to celebrate, but that's as far as it goes. They irritate me. We are lucky that the Sox were playing ball this long. When they were almost defeated, they made a record-breaking comeback in Game 5. I'm going to concentrate on the positive and all the good things about the 2008 season, rather than the unfortunate ending last night.

So congratulations to the Rays. I haven't decided whom I'll root for in the World Series yet. Probably the Rays, because they're American League. Bloggers are going both ways: for the Rays, because they're American League and for the Phillies so they can see them beat the Rays. May the best team win. Well, second best.

No comments: