Saturday, August 29, 2009

She's here

I'm very bad because I don't have a picture yet. It's yucky outside so I didn't want to take it there, and any one I take inside is going to stink because of the flash. She's adorable. Very tiny. Java is more stocky than she is and I consider Java to be petite. I fed her and she ate; she did all her business outside. She could use a bath. I've heard her sneeze a couple of times so I don't want to bathe her while it's cold out, in case she's got kennel cough. She's curious - she broke into the living room where Java was lying in her crate. Needless to say there was barking involved on both parts.

It was really emotional seeing the transport truck and knowing that the dogs are going from bad situations into hopefully good ones. A second chance at a good life. I wish all dogs were so lucky.

One of my favorite websites is world prayers. I found this prayer and I love it:


Dear God, protect and bless all living beings.
Keep them from evil and let them sleep in peace.

reverence for life - dr. albert schweitzer - 1964

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, smaller than Java? I'm sure she'll have a happy little time at your house, even if Java isn't has hospitable as you! I like the prayer.