Saturday, August 29, 2009

Today's the day. I'm a little nervous. The truck doesn't arrive until 2:30 or 3:00, so that gives me time. It's pouring out. It looks like dusk instead of first thing in the morning. Days like this make me want to stay in bed. Maybe I'll bring Java up for some cuddle time before Ste. Genevieve gets here. I hope Gen doesn't hate the rain as much as Java does. But knowing that she's a Boston, I'm sure that she does. I'll bring an umbrella. I keep thinking of her and what it must be like on that truck with so many other dogs, stopping here and there and some dogs get out and don't get back on. She must be scared. I wish we could communicate with dogs so that they'd understand. My plan is to keep Gen upstairs in the guest room, where it's quiet for a day or so before introducing her to Java. I'd like SG to get used to being here a little before she has the run of the house. And I don't even know how I can introduce them when it's just me here? Especially on neutral territory. I just don't know physically how it can be done if you don't want them to meet on Java's ground - how do I get them both to neutral territory without them encountering one another? It's a conundrum.

No comments: