Sunday, December 06, 2009

It is just beautiful out today. Everything is sugar-coated with snow, the sun is out and the sky is blue. I guess I'm ready for winter now. We just had a generator installed so we'll be OK if the power goes out for days at a time. Hopefully it won't. We've said that before, though, and look at what happened last year. Luckily we were on a cruise when the storm hit, but if we had been home we would have been very, very unhappy at our predicament. I think the power was off for 8 days total.

Last night we went to see the movie "The Blind Side". I thought it was great, and I definitely recommend it. It was a good distraction for us from the realities that are going on in our life right now. I highly recommend a movie or two when you need to get away mentally. It helped me back in 2007 when my Dad died. It's even better when the movie is uplifting like this one was.

No comments: