Tuesday, November 16, 2010



This is tonight's dinner in the crock-pot. It's lamb curry and it smells divine. The recipe called for cubed lamb meat, and the grocery store didn't have any, so I used ground lamb and made it into meatballs. This is just one of the things I did today.

Another thing I did today was make a button for Martha's Einstein coat. She finished yesterday so I have got to get cracking on those buttons. I only have one tool so I bought 4 more to be able to make them in one day instead of it taking 5 days. I also made some more beads for the little tree, this time in Christmas colors.

Here's an update on the Dutch Butter Cookie continuing saga. I made them twice yesterday. The first time I halved the butter to 1 1/2 cups and it was still too much. So I made them again using 3/4 cup of butter and I thought it was still a little much. I'm thinking of trying again with 1/2 cup butter. I also want to reduce the temperature and the cooking time, as all three batches came out brown and I don't remember Mamanette's cookies being brown; they were yellow with brown chewy edges. I don't feel like making them again today so maybe tomorrow.

No comments: