Sunday, June 13, 2010

The baby robins have flown the coop. I think it happened shortly after I took that movie of them yesterday and wrote my blog post. I was upstairs and scared away a huge raven again. I don't think it had stolen the older babies that were about to fly, because I scared it away just after I saw it land. I haven't seen the babies or the parents for that matter since then, so I assume they fledged and are being taken care of somewhere in the neighborhood.

I have to say that those little window feeders I bought are pretty good. I've had goldfinches, chickadees, cardinals, titmice, and rose-breasted grosbeaks at them. It's pretty cool to see them so close. You do have to be very still and quiet or they'll fly away.

Here's my favorite four-year-old in the world. She fixed her hair herself that day. I gave her the glow-in-the-dark fairy yesterday and she liked it.

No comments: