Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Last night I spied a crow in the trees looking at the robin nest. I jumped up and scared it away. The babies are pretty good at laying low these days. No more hanging their little heads over the edge. Most of the time the nest looks like this:


But every once in a while, I see something like this:


To get these photographs, I had to stand there for many minutes while the parents "chucked" at me from the surrounding trees.


Finally I went inside and hid myself behind a post on the porch, with just my camera sticking out the door. With me gone, within seconds both parents showed up to feed:




Mom flew away to get more food, leaving Dad to watch over them:


The babies sure are growing. They have little feathers now and I think they'll be fledging sometime this coming weekend.

No comments: