Thursday, March 01, 2007

I used to think I was smart, especially because for the last two days (Tuesday and Wednesday) I was able to finish the NYTimes crossword puzzle. Now if you know that puzzle it starts out easy on Monday and gets progressively harder as the week goes on. I was feeling extra brainy because I finished Wednesday's all by myself. I was ready to tackle today's and OMG. It's just "mean"! Every third or fourth clue is "mean" or "means". Robert and I started it but I doubt it will get finished. Maybe I should do them one day behind, so I'll have the answers handy. LOL.

I've been thinking a lot lately about how lucky I am. Up until now, nothing ever really horrible has happened to me. And even now, yes my Dad died too early, but it is the natural order of things. I have to cling to the bright side. We could have lost him back in 1992 when he had his heart attack or in 1983 when he slipped down the cliff at Land's End. So we're lucky he was with us for so long. It's so hard to get used to the fact that he'll never be with us again. I'm not looking forward to the holidays. At least we'll have plenty of time to heal before then.

No comments: