Friday, March 02, 2007

Today was a much better day so far. It started out snowing but it turned to rain so we just hunkered down. Robert worked and I did the crossword puzzle. Another day completed.

Everywhere I look in my house I see my father. Not so much in pictures, but in things he gave me. He was an extraordinarily generous person and provided well for us. He loved having the best of things and wanted to give us that, too. So when I take a pot down to cook spaghetti sauce I think of him. When I use a towel to dry off after my shower, I think of him. When I turn on the TV to watch "Survivor" I think of him. He's all over this house. And the things are so much more than things, they're a tangible expression of his love for us. I was so lucky to have him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are right. it is more than things -- it is not the things themselves that have value but the mere fact that he gave them to you. It is that he thought these things were worthy to give to the ones he loved. He thought nothing of giving all he had to his four girls.