Sunday, March 04, 2007

Yesterday we picked up my mother, sister, her husband and my niece from the airport. It was really strange to see my mother walking into the airport from the jetway all by herself. Usually my father is right by her side, holding up his pants with one hand and a newspaper in the other. But that sadness was soon overshadowed by a joyous reunion. It was so nice to all be together again. I find such comfort in that. There were a lot of laughs and a few tears but it was so good. The last three weeks have been my personal nightmare and I'm so happy my mother is here. I cannot tell you how awful it is to have your loved ones be sick and 1500 miles from you. You feel so powerless. The worst time was when my mother was in the hospital, and my father so sick at home with his pneumonia and no one to take care of him. I cannot describe the feelings I felt. We knew my mother was being cared for; it was my father we worried about. I take a little comfort in knowing that I no longer have to worry about him. He is in a better place.

No comments: